Adobe's MAX 2014 Announcements Focus on Giving Creatives Mobility
Adobe just announced at its MAX conference in LA today that the company is launching an iOS beta for Creative SDK. The software development kit is designed for devs who want to create mobile apps and plugins marketed to creatives. The kit provides access to Photoshop editing tools, the ability to work with PSD files, and access to Adobe's Creative Market. Adobe is heavily promoting some featured apps, like Fabrika and Flowboard, designed with Creative SDK as proof of the dev kit's power to create apps that utilize cloud based functionality and link content across all mobile devices. The company is also promoting its own portfolio managing app, Behance, as a result of Creative SDK integration. Adobe also just announced that it is adding a new search feature to Behance that allows recruiters to search by images in addition to keywords. The app's algorithms slowly learn what types of images employers are looking for and returns results for those matches. This new feature provides advantages for job-seeking creatives as well who can market their talents more effectively through portfolios rather than just a resume only to get their foot in the door. To learn more about getting started with Adobe's Creative SDK, you can visit their documentation page. Below is an Adobe press release listing all of the newest Adobe features and updates announced at the MAX 2014 Conference. All-New Creative Profile is Member’s Creative Identity Within Creative Cloud This Creative Cloud release includes a new Creative Profile that connects creatives to their work, to the assets they use to create, and the communities that matter to them – no matter where they are. Files, photos, colors, brushes, shapes, fonts, textstyles, graphics and any other assets are always at their fingertips. This new Creative Profile moves with creatives from app-to-app and device-to-device, so assets automatically appear when they need them, in the right context. Mobile Apps Deliver New Creative Cloud Connections This release includes radical new connections between essential CC desktop tools and a new family of mobile apps that extend the power of Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and Lightroom onto mobile devices. The line-up includes:This release includes radical new connections between essential CC desktop tools and a new family of mobile apps that extend the power of Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and Lightroom onto mobile devices. The line-up includes:
- In the Photoshop family, Photoshop Sketch lets creatives draw with new built-in expressive brushes and enables an integrated workflow with Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC. Updates to Photoshop Mix extend precise mobile compositing capabilities and now includes enhanced integration with Photoshop CC, as well as a new iPhone version. A new Lightroom Mobile app builds on integrated desktop and mobile workflows and includes features to allow clients, friends or family to select favorites and leave comments for photos shared online; and GPS information from iPhone photos now syncs with Lightroom desktop.
- In the Illustrator family, Illustrator Draw (formerly Adobe Ideas) gives users access to their favorite vector drawing tools and features in a modern, streamlined interface, high-fidelity integration with Illustrator CC and enhanced support for Adobe Ink and Slide. Illustrator Line, a precision drawing app, gives creatives new features for perfectly distributing shapes as they draw, plus the ability to send sketches to Illustrator CC where they have full access to their original vector paths for editing.
- In the Premiere family, the brand new Adobe Premiere Clip app easily transforms the video shot on iPhone or iPad into edited videos that are simple to share. Aspiring videographers can then send their compositions to Adobe Premiere Pro CC for advanced editing and finishing.
- Adobe Brush CC lets designers craft unique brushes, on iPad or iPhone, to use in Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC or Adobe Illustrator Sketch. Any photograph can be made into a brush, so creatives can quickly and playfully design beautiful, high-quality brushes that can range from photorealistic, to organic, painterly or graphic.
- Adobe Shape CC is a simple, unique and fun way to capture and create shapes on iPhone or iPad, wherever inspiration strikes. A high-contrast photo of anything - a chair, a pet, or a hand-drawn font - is converted into vector art that can be used immediately in Illustrator CC and Adobe Illustrator Line via Creative Cloud Libraries.
- Adobe Color CC (formerly Adobe Kuler) allows creatives to capture colors and save them as themes that are immediately available in other Adobe applications, including Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC.
- Creative Cloud Market is a collection of high-quality, curated content that’s freely accessible to Creative Cloud members. Access and use thousands of professionally crafted files, including user interfaces, patterns, icons, brushes and vector shapes, to speed through desktop and mobile projects.
- Creative Cloud Libraries is a powerful asset management service that lets creatives easily access and create with colors, brushes, text styles and vector images through Creative Cloud desktop, mobile apps and services. Creative Cloud Libraries connects desktop tools like Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC to each other – and to companion mobile apps.
- Creative Cloud Extract is a cloud-based service that reinvents the Photoshop CC comp-to-code workflow for Web designers and developers, letting them share and unlock vital design information from a PSD file (such as colors, fonts and CSS) to use when coding mobile and desktop designs.
All-New Talent Search Connects Creatives with Job Opportunities
Adobe also launched Creative Talent Search today. Talent Search connects creatives across the globe with job opportunities from top brands and companies. Hiring managers using Talent Search are able to use advanced discovery tools to find the right talent for their job – for example, finding experts in Photoshop, who live in a specific city, and have worked in automotive design is easier than ever. Custom algorithms recommend candidates for roles and get smarter the more a recruiter uses the system. Also, public postings will advertise job opportunities to the millions of creatives on Behance. More information is available at: https://www.behance.net/talentsearch.Pricing and Availability Today’s updates to Creative Cloud are expected to be available to Creative Cloud members by the end of the day as part of their membership at no additional cost. The new and updated mobile apps are free to everyone. More information will be available later today at: http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/mobile.html. To join Creative Cloud, special promotional pricing is available to customers who own Adobe Creative Suite 3 or later. Membership plans are available for individuals, students, photographers, teams, educational institutions, government agencies and enterprises. For pricing details, visit: http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html#buy.