DevOps: The Big Picture
This course will teach you the essence of what DevOps is about and what changes when you adopt this approach.
What you'll learn
DevOps is often thought of as a simple process, methodology, or job title. In this course, DevOps: The Big Picture, you’ll learn what DevOps is all about. First, you’ll explore why there’s an underlying need for a new way to deliver software to customers. Next, you'll learn about the "project versus product" mindset. Finally, you’ll discover the important organizational, cultural, and technological changes that accompany a DevOps transformation. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge to explain what DevOps is about needed to explore further sub-domains more deeply.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Why Being Good at Software Matters 2m
- Meet Our Representative Company, Globomantics 1m
- Pain Points with Software Delivery Today, and the Results 9m
- Lean, Theory of Constraints, and Inspiration for IT 8m
- How Lean Relates to Software Delivery 2m
- Defining DevOps 1m
- Moving to a Product Mindset 3m
- What DevOps is NOT 2m
- The Data That Proves DevOps Matters 2m