What you will learn:
This path teaches the following skills
- Describe challenges of hybrid cloud
- Discuss modern solutions
- Describe the Anthos Technology Stack
- Understand Anthos GKE hybrid environments, with Admin and User clusters
- Register and authenticate remote Anthos GKE clusters in GKE Hub
- View and manage registered clusters, in cloud and on-premises, using GKE Hub
- View workloads in all clusters from GKE Hub
- Understand service mesh, and problems it solves
- Understand Istio architecture and components
- Explain Istio on GKE add on and it's lifecycle, vs OSS Istio
- Understand request network traffic flow in a service mesh
- Create a GKE cluster, with a service mesh
- Configure a multi-service application with service mesh
- Enable external access using an ingress gateway
- Explain the multi-service example applications: Hipster Shop, and Bookinfo
- Understand service mesh flexible adapter model
- Understand service mesh telemetry processing
- Explain Stackdriver configurations for logging and monitoring
- Compare telemetry defaults for cloud and on-premises environments
- Configure and view custom metrics using service mesh
- View cluster and service metrics with pre-configured dashboards
- Trace microservice calls with timing data using service mesh adapters
- Visualize and discover service attributes with service mesh
- Understand the service mesh abstract model for traffic management
- Understand service mesh service discovery and load balancing
- Review and compare traffic management use cases and configurations
- Understand ingress configuration using service mesh
- Visualize traffic routing with live generated requests
- Configure a service mesh gateway to allow access to services from outside the mesh
- Apply virtual services and destination rules for version-specific routing
- Route traffic based on application-layer configuration
- Shift traffic from one service version to another, with fine-grained control, like a canary deployment
- Understand authentication and authorization in service mesh
- Explain mTLS flow for service to service communication
- Adopt mutual TLS authentication across the service mesh incrementally
- Enable end-user authentication for the frontend service
- Use service mesh access control policies to secure access to the frontend service
- Install a multi-service application spanning multiple clusters in a hybrid-like environment.
- Understand how services communicate across clusters.
- Migrate services between clusters.
- Install Anthos Config Management.
- Enforce policies with Anthos Config Management.
- Understand how Anthos Config Management can be used across multiple clusters.
- Understand the challenge of managing resources across multiple clusters
- Understand how a Git repository is as a configuration source of truth
- Explain the Anthos Config Management components, and object lifecycle
- Install and configure Anthos Config Management, operators, tools, and related Git repository
- Verify cluster configuration compliance and drift management
- Update workload configuration using repo changes
- Understand how multiple clusters work together using DNS, root CA, and service discovery
- Explain service mesh control-plane architectures for multi-cluster
- Configure a multi-service application using service mesh across multiple clusters with multiple control-planes
- Configure a multi-service application using service mesh across multiple clusters with a shared control-plane
- Configure service naming/discovery between clusters
- Review ServiceEntries for cross-cluster service discovery
- Migrate workload from a remote cluster to an Anthos GKE cluster
Participants should have familiarity with IT contexts such as IP addresses, virtual machines, and web servers. They should be comfortable working at the Linux command line. Completion of the Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine Learning Path is a prerequisite for success.
This beginner course builds upon the prerequisite courses from the Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine learning path. The Anthos modernization platform is introduced with recommended options for attacking problems introduced by microservices architectures, and hybrid cloud environments.
"This on-demand course equips students to build reliable and manageable multi-cluster Kubernetes infrastructures using Anthos GKE, whether deployed with Anthos on Google Cloud or with Anthos deployed on VMware. It is a continuation of Architecting with GKE and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in that course."
Table of contents
- Welcome to Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Foundations with Anthos
- Anthos Overview
- Managing Hybrid Clusters using Kubernetes Engine
- Introduction to Service Mesh
In this course, you'll learn how to use Anthos and service mesh to decouple your development teams from your operations teams to independently scale and iterate with consistency and agility.
This on-demand course equips students to understand and adopt Istio-based service-mesh with Anthos for centralized observability, traffic management, and service-level security.
Table of contents
- Welcome to Hybrid Cloud Service Mesh with Anthos
- Observing Services using Service Mesh Adapters
- Managing Traffic Routing with Service Mesh
- Managing Policies and Security with Service Mesh
In this course you'll learn about configuring, managing, and enforcing policy for your multi-cluster services. You'll use Anthos GKE, Anthos Config Management and multi-cluster control-plane topologies to enable and secure your applications and services across multiple environments.
This on-demand course equips students to understand, configure, and maintain multi-cluster Kubernetes infrastructures using Anthos GKE, and Istio-based service mesh, whether deployed with Anthos on Google Cloud or with Anthos deployed on VMware.
Table of contents
- Welcome to Hybrid Cloud Multi-Cluster with Anthos
- Managing Policies using Anthos Config Management
- Configuring Anthos GKE for Multi-Cluster Operation