Build a Job Board with Python & Flask
What you'll learn
Python & Flask are great for building a simple website. In this project, you'll use them to build a simple job board. The main page of the site will show all jobs and each job and employer will have dedicated pages. Users will also be able to review each employer.
Table of contents
- Set up your local environment for projects. We'll walk you through everything you need to know, including how to install and configure your environment to be able to complete all of the tasks.
- Flask makes it easy to get a simple site up and running. In this module, we'll create a single route that renders a template.
- We want each page of the site to have a consistent look and feel. In this module, we'll create a base layout that all pages can extend.
- All of the site content is stored in a SQLite database. We'll create several functions that make accessing this data quicker and more uniform.
- In this module, we'll work on displaying all of the jobs that are stored in the database.
- Each job needs to have a details page, we'll gather the needed data from the database and display it using a template.
- The employer page will show the employer details as well as all jobs they are currently listing. We'll gather all of this data from the database and display it using a template.
- In this module we'll create a form that can be presented to users. The form will contain fields for reviewing and rating the employer on a scale of 1-5. We'll then take this POST data and store it in the database.