1. Eligibility: The Pluralsight Author Referral Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to the official independent contractor and Author network (each individual, a “Participant” or “you”, and collectively, the “Participants”) of Pluralsight, LLC, a Nevada limited liability company with office headquarters at 182. N Union Ave, Farmington, Utah, 84025, United States (“Pluralsight”) who sign up at the online Contest website. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations (collectively, “Applicable Laws”) but is void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Author Referral Contest Rules (these “Rules”) and all Applicable Laws (including all anti-SPAM laws), and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Pluralsight as final and binding as it relates to the Contest.
3. Contest Period: The Contest will begin on Friday, November 25, 2016 and end on December 31, 2016, and all Entries will be accepted starting no earlier than Friday, November 25, 2016 at 8:00 am MDT and accepted no later than December 31, 2016 11:59:00 PM MDT (the “Contest End Date”).
4. How to Enter: Your Entries to the Contest to be eligible for any prizes (outlined in Section 5 below) must occur by (i) submitting an request to participate in the Contest using the online form provided on the Contest website, and (ii) using the unique URL referral link received via an email response from said submission (the “Referral URL”) in order help market Pluralsight’s services to others (“Potential Customers”), who if become actual customers of Pluralsight by using the Referral URL to sign up for Pluralsight’s services using a valid form of payment, shall count as an entry to the Contest (each, an “Entry”, collectively “Entries”). More specifically, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest for each Potential Customer you successfully refer who converts to a Free Trial or monthly Basic or Plus Subscription, or twelve (12) entries for each Potential Customer you successfully refer who converts to an annual Basic of annual Plus Subscription. For more details about what a “Free Trial”, Basic Subscription, or Plus Subscription is, please visit http://www.pluralsight.com/pricing. You may share the Referral URL with others via social media, e-mail, word of mouth, and otherwise; provided you agree to comply with all Applicable Laws (including anti-SPAM laws). Notwithstanding, each Entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to these Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Pluralsight. If you violate Applicable Laws, use fraudulent methods, or otherwise attempt to circumvent these Rules (whether by search engine optimization (SEO), algorithms, BOTs, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering, or otherwise) your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Pluralsight.
Participation Prize: Each U.S. Participant who successfully refers and converts at least one Potential Customer will receive one (1) Pluralsight-branded rubik’s cube ($10.00 value), whereas each International Participant who successfully refers and converts at least one Potential Customer will receive one (1) a USD $10.00 gift card. Only one prize per Participant.
Grand Prize: Subject to Section 6, the grand prize winner will receive a USD $5,000 travel voucher and will be that certain Participant who has the largest number of successful Entries during the Contest Period successfully entered before the Contest End Date. In the event of a tie, the grand prize winner shall be the particular Participant who generated the most potential revenue to Pluralsight by way of the Contest, a decision to be made in the sole discretion of Pluralsight. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on total number of eligible Entries received and is subject to the condition precedent set forth in Section 6 below.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Pluralsight. Pluralsight reserves the right to, but shall not be required to, provide an equivalent cash substitution via the issuance of a VISA® Gift Card to prize winner(s), and notwithstanding anything to the contrary, no cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Pluralsight's sole and absolute discretion. Any and all prize(s) is(are) nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Cash price value subject to international Participants. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Pluralsight to use winner's name, likeness, and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds of winning the Grand Prize & Condition Precedent: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. However, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Rules or elsewhere, Pluralsight’s grant of the Grand Prize is conditioned on a minimum of three thousand six hundred (3,600) successful Entries being entered into the Contest. In the event 3,600 Entries are not received, Pluralsight shall not be required to grant the Grand Prize.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected as set forth above and will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Contest with within fifteen (15) days following the winner selection. Pluralsight shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT PLURALSIGHT'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest you understand that Pluralsight, anyone acting on behalf of Pluralsight, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your Entry, including, without limitation, the Entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Pluralsight reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Pluralsight may select the recipients from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Pluralsight. Pluralsight reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is not a Participant or any Participant who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Rules.
Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Pluralsight reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Pluralsight. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Pluralsight and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such Participant's participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of Entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF UTAH WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, Participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Salt Lake City, Utah having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than Participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Pluralsight, Attn: Legal Department, 182. N Union Ave, Farmington, Utah, 84025, United States.