DISCLAIMER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OF A PLURALSIGHT SUBSCRIPTION OR A PURCHASE OF ANY OTHER KIND DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Free April Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, and Spain (collectively “Eligible Countries”) who (1) are 18 and older (and located in the Eligible Countries at the time of entry), (2) are not an Excluded Person and (3) have retweeted or shared the Free April social media offer post using the #FreeApril and #sweepstakes hashtags on Twitter using a public profile during the Sweepstakes Period (collectively, “Entries”, and each, an “Entry”). There is no purchase or entrance fee of any kind required to enter or win the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of Pluralsight, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Sweepstakes, and immediate family members and persons of employees, officers, agents and directors of Pluralsight living in their same household ("Excluded Person(s)"), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be bound by these Pluralsight’s [insert giveaway title] Sweepstakes Rules (these “Rules”), and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Pluralsight as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will start on April 2, 2020 and end on April 16, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All Entries will be accepted starting on April 2, 2020 12:00:01 AM MDT. Entries must be completed by April 16, 2020 11:59:00 PM MDT.
4. How to Enter: Entries to the Sweepstakes to be eligible for the grand prize (outlined in Section 5 below). You must follow the instructions described on the Sweepstakes webpage on how to submit your Entry. Specifically, you must have retweeted or shared the Free April social media offer post using the #FreeApril and #sweepstakes hashtags on Twitter using a public profile during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to these Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Pluralsight.
You may enter only ONCE and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than ONCE during any one given Sweepstakes Period by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent these Rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent these Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Pluralsight and you forfeit any and all prizes won. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of the said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
5. Prizes: The grand prize winners will be selected by Pluralsight in a random drawing taking place on or about the end of the Sweepstakes Period. No purchase of any kind is necessary in order to enter the Sweepstakes or win any prize, and chances of winning are not enhanced by making any purchases.
Each grand prize consists of a single 12.9 inch iPad Pro, Smart Keyboard Folio for iPad Pro 12.9‑inch, and Airpods Pro.
Any and all prize(s) is(are) nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others by winners is permitted.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of Pluralsight. Winner selection will take place on April 17. Winners will be notified via Twitter to the account used to post the winning Entry within ten (10) days following the winner selection. Pluralsight will make reasonable efforts to contact a winner. Pluralsight shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations, as well as receipt by Pluralsight of appropriate tax documentation from the winner. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES BY ANY WINNER MAY RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AS DETERMINED IN PLURALSIGHT'S DISCRETION.
9. Terms: Pluralsight reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Pluralsight may elect to (in its sole discretion) select the winners in a random drawing from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Pluralsight. Pluralsight reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Rules.
Pluralsight has the right, in its sole discretion in order to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void Entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple Entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple Entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by these Rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Pluralsight reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Pluralsight. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
10. Limitation of Liability: Pluralsight does not exclude or limit its liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, by law, be limited or excluded. Subject to the above and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, by participating in or entering the Sweepstakes, you otherwise agree to release and hold harmless Pluralsight and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not (subject to the above), from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries.
11. Intellectual Property: Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the entrant remains the property of the entrant subject to Pluralsight's rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit an entry for the purpose of administering and promoting the Sweepstakes and for Pluralsight's marketing and advertising purposes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant grants to Pluralsight a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Sweepstakes or use or receipt of the prize for any and all purposes in any medium.
Each participating entrant hereby warrants that any entry and other materials and information provided by entrant are original and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any rules or regulations. If the entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the entry and information and materials by Pluralsight in the manner set forth in the Rules without additional compensation.
Entrant agrees that Pluralsight has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all entries and that, upon Pluralsight's request, entrant must submit a written copy of any release or permission entrant has received from a third party granting entrant the right to use such property. Entrant understands and acknowledges that in the event entrant’s ownership, rights and the originality of the entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Pluralsight or is in any other way ineligible, Pluralsight may select an alternate winner.
12. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF UTAH AND ALL OTHER APPLICABLE LAW AND REGULATIONS. Except where prohibited by applicable law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Utah having jurisdiction. Subject to any applicable laws, further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties and subject to international transfer to territories outside the European Economic Area. You may exercise all your rights including the right to access, erasure, rectification, restriction, objection and data portability, as well as withdraw your consent at any time and free of charge.
14. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, you can also mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Pluralsight, 182. N Union Ave, Farmington, Utah, 84025, United States.
15. Sponsor: The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Pluralsight, LLC, a Nevada limited liability company with office headquarters at 182. N Union Ave, Farmington, Utah, 84025, United States (“Pluralsight”) who operates and promotes the Sweepstakes.
For the duration of the Sweepstakes, these Rules will be made available on the website together with any other promotional material regarding the Sweepstakes.