PLURALSIGHT’S ROLE IQ SWEEPSTAKES RULES
v.1.9 – last modified August 22, 2018
DISCLAIMER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OF A PLURALSIGHT SUBSCRIPTION OR A PURCHASE OF ANY OTHER KIND DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Role IQ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to U.S. residents who take or have previously taken a Role IQ assessment on pluralsight.com and then tweet their Role IQ score on Twitter at some point during the Sweepstakes Period. The profile used to tweet the Role IQ score must be a public profile and the tweet must contain the hashtags #RockYourRole and #contest. Employees, officers, and/or directors of Pluralsight, LLC (“Pluralsight”) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Sweepstakes rules (these “Rules”), and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Pluralsight as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will start on August 29, 2018 and will end on August 30, 2018 or when all prizes have been awarded, whichever occurs first (a “Sweepstakes Period”). All Entries will be accepted starting on August 29, 2018 at 7:00 AM MT and must be accepted by August 30, 2018 at 8:30 PM MT.
- How to Enter: Entries to the Sweepstakes must occur by tweeting a Role IQ score on Twitter (“Entry”). Each Entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to these Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Pluralsight. You may enter only once. You may not enter more times than indicated during any one given Sweepstakes Period by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent these Rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent these Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Pluralsight.
- Prizes: The first five (5) Entries will be awarded a $100 Amazon gift card. No purchase of any kind is necessary in order to enter the Sweepstakes or win any prize, and chances of winning are not enhanced by making any purchases.
The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Pluralsight. Pluralsight reserves the right to, but shall not be required to, provide an equivalent cash substitution via the issuance of a AMERICAN EXPRESS® Gift Card to prize winner, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary, no cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Pluralsight’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all prize(s) is(are) nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Cash price value subject to international participants. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Pluralsight to use winner’s name, likeness, and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be determined based on the time the Entry is tweeted. Winners will be notified via Twitter from Pluralsight’s official Twitter account (https://twitter.com/pluralsight) to the account from which the Entry was tweeted within ten (10) days following the winner selection. Pluralsight shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information or the configuration of a winner’s Twitter account. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT PLURALSIGHT’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Terms: Pluralsight reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Pluralsight may select the recipients from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Pluralsight. Pluralsight reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Rules.
Pluralsight has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void Entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple Entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple Entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by these Rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Pluralsight reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Pluralsight. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
- Limitation of Liability: By participating in or entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Pluralsight and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of Entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF UTAH WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Utah having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Pluralsight, 182. N Union Ave, Farmington, Utah, 84025, United States.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Pluralsight, LLC, a Nevada limited liability company with office headquarters at 182. N Union Ave, Farmington, Utah, 84025, United States (“Pluralsight”).
[END OF SWEEPSTAKES RULES]