Move engineers from
first day to first commit
Reduce ramp times for new hires by 2 to 3 months
Good onboarding improves retention. Bad onboarding ends in resignation.
Based on a study of 2,500+ engineers across 4 years, we've found that although the average time to productivity for a new engineer is 6 – 7 months, there are also clear, measurable ways to reduce that ramp time. The result? A 40% lift in productivity that occurs 2 – 3 months sooner.
Pluralsight enables organizations to get new engineering hires contributing to the codebase—and their team—faster. Leaders can coach new hires with objective data on workflow blockers, bottlenecks, and skills gaps. Teams benefit from less friction in the delivery process as new hires join the team. And new hires are more active in the code base, more effective on the team, and more skilled in their role. It's a win-win-win-win (you get it).
Improve new-hire coaching
Empower team leads and engineering managers to better coach new hires with a clear picture of their knowledge and work patterns. Leverage data on a new hire's skills gaps, code commits, merge commits, and PR and ticket activity to help them improve.
Increase new-hire confidence with your tech stack, processes, and tools
Close new-hire skills gaps before they result in production bugs. Provide tailored instructor-led, on-demand learning programs and real-life coding scenarios in risk-free environments. Identify when new hires increase their involvement in the code review process and involvement in the code review and delivery process so you know when they’re comfortable enough to take on more complex work.
Decrease workflow friction and new-hire attrition
Learn how to integrate new hires while maintaining team velocity and reducing the burden on your experienced engineers—and foster new-hire community at the same time.
Why use Pluralsight to enhance engineer onboarding?
- Onboarding experts help you instill your organization's best practices and preferred procedues right from the start.
- More than 500 instructor-led courses and 7,000 expert-led online courses empower new hires to close skills gaps in technologies critical to their role.
- Customizable learning paths enable you to tailor new-hire skill development to align with company initiatives.
- Reports help leaders spot roadblocks and proficiency gaps objectively to know where they can best help their team.
- Identify team collaboration patters and new opportunities for team members to work together.