- A Cloud Guru
Building from SCM
In this lab, you will configure Maven to perform a build. This includes pulling the source code for the build from SCM. At the end of the build process, you will also create an artifact for the build.
Table of Contents
Update the Jenkins Plugins and Configure the Maven Installer
Navigate to the public IP address and specify port
Update the Jenkins Plugins
- Click the bell icon.
- Click Apply Migration.
- Choose Manage Jenkins.
- Choose Go to plugin manager.
- Select all and click Update.
- Check Restart Jenkins when installation is complete and no jobs are running once all items have been marked for action.
- Reconnect to Jenkins.
Configure the Maven Installer
- Navigate to Manage Jenkins and click Tools.
- Scroll down to Maven installations and add a new one.
- The Maven installation should be named
- Create a new Maven installation and set it to install automatically.
Configure the Build to Use Maven and Make the Index File
Create a new Freestlye Project called
Update the source code management to use the Git repository provided in the lab instructions.
Add and configure a build step for top-level Maven components.
Configure M3 as the Maven server and set the Goals to clean package.
Configure a build step to run the following go command:
Add a post-build step to archive the artifacts.
Fingerprint all archived artifacts and set the file to
Run the build and verify that the
index.jspis in the root of the directory.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.