- A Cloud Guru
Managing File Systems on RHEL 8
Whether you are using a disk partition, or a logical volume to store your data, you will need to put a file system on top of it before you can put it to use. In this hands-on lab, we will create, mount, unmount, and use vfat, ext4, and xfs file systems. In addition, we will mount, and unmount network file systems using NFS. *This course is not approved or sponsored by Red Hat.*
Table of Contents
Create, Mount, Unmount, and Use VFAT, ext4, and XFS File Systems
- Query available disks.
- Partition the disks with primary, extended, and logical partitions.
- Format the various partitions with ext3, ext4, xfs and vfat filesystems.
- Mount, verify function, and then ensure the filesystems are persistent across reboots
Mount and Unmount Network File Systems Using NFS
- Determine the NFS Server status.
- Create and share an exports directory via NFS.
- Query and mount the exports on another system.
- Ensure that share will be mounted persistently.
- Verify files are being created and shared properly.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.