- A Cloud Guru
Prepare Your Environment to Work with Admission Controllers and Terraform
In this lab, you will prepare your environment to enable you to work with Kubernetes admission controllers and Terraform. You will install the tools you need, as well as take the provided Terraform configuration and deploy an EKS cluster that you will then use to create your admission controllers.
Table of Contents
- Go to the Homebrew website, and copy the install command.
- Install Homebrew.
- Follow the instructions in the command line to complete the install.
- Confirm that you have successfully installed Homebrew.
Install Needed Tools
- Install the AWS CLI.
- Install the Kubernetes CLI.
- Install Terraform.
Deploy EKS Cluster
- Create a new access key in the AWS Management Console, and copy down your information.
- Clone the course repo.
- Move into the
- Initialize your working directory.
- Apply the Terraform configuration.
Note: This will take 10–15 minutes.
- Configure the Kubernetes CLI to interact with your EKS cluster.
- Confirm you are connected to your cluster.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.