- A Cloud Guru
Secure Shell - Working with SSH Keys
In this lab, you'll configure and create SSH keys that enable passwordless SSH between 2 servers. Then you'll test the connection. The scenario for the lab is as follows: The IT manager at Eucalyptus and Lavender Inc. has asked you to install and configure a new SSH server on Server1. In addition, set up a key pair for the "cloud_user" user account to transfer files between Server1 and Server2 without prompting for a password. Good luck!
Table of Contents
Log In and Check the Status of SSH
- Log in to Server1 with SSH.
- Make sure the OpenSSH package is running.
Configure OpenSSH for Passwordless Authentication
- Configure OpenSSH for Passwordless Authentication.
- Restart the sshd service.
Create an RSA SSH Key Pair for the cloud_user Account
- Create an RSA key pair for the cloud_user.
- Secure the ~/.ssh directory permissions.
- Copy the public key to Server2.
Test the Connection
- SSH to Server2 as the cloud_user to test the connection.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.