- A Cloud Guru
Deploying Your First Azure Virtual Machine
In this hands-on lab, we will use the Azure portal to create and connect to an Azure virtual machine. We will log in to the Azure portal and create a virtual machine. Then, we will connect to the virtual machine via RDP. Finally, we will use the Azure portal to stop the virtual machine. After completing this lab, you will have gained the experience required to create and connect to your first Azure virtual machine.
Table of Contents
Create a Virtual Machine
- In the Azure portal, navigate to the Virtual machines dashboard.
- Create a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter - Gen 2 virtual machine with the following settings:
- Resource group: Select the pre-provisioned group from the dropdown.
- Virtual machine name: acg-firstdeploy
- Region: Select the same region as the lab-provided resource group.
- Image: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter - Gen 2
- Size: Leave as the default size.
- Username: acg-admin
- Password: Admin123456!
Connect to the Virtual Machine
Download the RDP file and connect to the virtual machine.
Delete the Virtual Machine
- Sign out of the virtual machine.
- Delete the virtual machine using the Azure portal.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.