- A Cloud Guru
Deploying Infrastructure to GCP with Terraform Cloud
You are a DevOps engineer working with an organization that has embraced Terraform to manage their infrastructure as code. Right now, they use cloud storage buckets as remote backends for managing state, but they are interested in the enhanced features offered by Terraform Cloud. You will need to configure a Terraform Cloud account with access to a test GCP project and deploy a set of resources in order to better understand how Terraform Cloud works as a backend, as well as the security implications of that access.
Table of Contents
Create a Free Terraform Cloud Account
- Go to https://app.terraform.io/session to sign up for a free Terraform Cloud account.
- Click the confirmation email link.
- Create a new organization and workspace.
Set Up Your GCP Service Account Credentials in Terraform Cloud
- Copy the lab service account string.
- Create an environment variable in Terraform Cloud called GOOGLE_CREDENTIALS, set the value to the service account information provided with the lab credentials, and mark it sensitive.
In the Lab VM, Deploy Resources with Terraform
- Log into the lab VM.
terraform loginand copy the link to your clipboard.
- Go to the link and name the access key.
- Copy the access key and paste it back into the lab terminal.
- Create a
- Add a
- Examine the output in Terraform Cloud.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.