- A Cloud Guru
Loading Data from TensorFlow Datasets
TensorFlow provides easy access to many common public datasets. In this lab, you will learn to load the MNIST database of handwritten digits, a common entry-level machine learning dataset, from TensorFlow Datasets. Using this data, you will build a simple model that will learn to predict numbers found in the images.
Table of Contents
Load the MNIST Dataset
Using TensorFlow Datasets, load the MNIST training and testing data into your program. Additionally, load the dataset information provided by TensorFlow.
Explore the MNIST Dataset
- Display the dataset information provided by TensorFlow.
- Display the class label names.
- Display some example images.
Wrangle the MNIST Dataset
- Normalize image pixel data to values between 0 and 1.
- Since the dataset is small, load all of it into memory for better performance.
- Shuffle the training data to help the model generalize, but don't shuffle the test data.
- Batch the data to make training faster.
Teach a Model to Predict Handwritten Digits
- Create a basic Keras Sequential deep neural network to predict the number in each image.
- Compile the model with an appropriate optimizer and loss function.
- Train the model for a few epochs using the training data.
- Evaluate the model using the test data.
- Save the model for later use.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.