Add Implicit and Explicit Intents to an Android Candy Store App
What you'll learn
In this project you’ll follow along with our instructions and finish building a candy store app with Android Studio. You’ll finish creating the functionality of the app by adding different features - like using an Explicit Intent to open another Activity and using Implicit Intents to launch a map, dial a phone number and share content.
Table of contents
- Set up your local environment for projects. We'll walk you through everything you need to know, including how to install and configure your environment to be able to complete all of the tasks.
- Write code to launch the InfoActivity class when the existing MenuItem is selected.
- Write code to launch Google Maps for a specific address when a TextView is clicked.
- Write code to launch a dial Intent with a pre-defined phone number when a TextView is clicked.
- Write code to launch an Intent with the action ACTION_SEND when a menu item is selected, and open a Share MenuItem so that users can share the selected candy.