Applying MVVM in Xamarin.Forms Applications
What you'll learn
In this project, we will take a simple application UI that was already built in XAML and use the Model-View-ViewModel design pattern to implement logic and features in a maintainable, testable, and organized manner.
Table of contents
- Setup your local environment for projects. We'll walk you through everything you need to know to setup your local instance and look around at the code you'll be using for this project.
- In this first module, take an existing application, where someone has already designed a View in XAML, and implement some basic data-binding features.
- In this module, build a ViewModel class that you can use to implement properties and actions for your View in a loosely coupled manner.
- In this module, enhance the ViewModel class by adding a custom command and automatic view-notification functionality when a property is changed.
- In this module, build a Model class representing objects managed as a collection in the ViewModel.
- In this final module, take the collection you created in the ViewModel and render it in the View using a collection control.