Build a Static Site Generator with Python
What you'll learn
Python is great for building simple command line applications. In this project you’ll use classes to architect a command line static site generator.
Table of contents
- Set up your local environment for this project. We'll walk you through everything you need to know, including how to install and configure your environment to be able to complete all of the tasks.
The Site Class
- In this module, we'll create a class that will set configuration values and create the root structure of our static site.
The Parser Class
- In this module, we'll create a parser class which will have several utility methods to help convert Markdown and ReStructuredText to HTML.
The Content Class
- In this module, we'll create a custom collection class to model the content of a Markdown or ReStructuredText document.
- In this module, we'll create two parser subclasses to convert Markdown and ReStructuredText to HTML.