Gamification: The Future Interface of Architectural Design
- Q: Beyond the game engine, how can we extract the data the game engine is processing to know things like velocities, air flows, etc. (stuff that CAD designers need to know)?
- A: The way we're looking at that is to start to include solutions that Autodesk already has to incorporate that data into the game engine so it's real data
- Q: Not everyone can put data/information into the cloud. How will this work offline?
- A: Geometry optimization in the cloud doesn't necessarily mean the optimization is done in the cloud. But more that the service is there in the cloud available to you. But the desktop is still a very important part and won't be going away.
- Q: Is Maya also a software capable of doing this? Or will it only be 3ds Max, Inventor, Revit
- A: The titles we share in the presentation are the software more focused on "design". Other titles, like Maya, are more entertainment. So they're certainly not the only software. For example, AutoCAD would be in there. But we just focused mostly on showcasing the design.