Deploying a Static Site on AWS
What you'll learn
In this project, you’ll practice hosting a static site on AWS.
- Create an S3 bucket in the AWS console.
- Upload assets into the bucket and configure it for static hosting.
- Deploy content globally on a content delivery network with Amazon CloudFront.
Table of contents
- In this initial module, we will walk you through the steps needed to get the assets for the project as well as creating your own AWS account. Once these items are in place, you will be able to complete the remainder of the project.
- In this module we will deploy the AWS Services Quiz, a valuable study resource for the Certified Cloud Practitioner exam, using the static web hosting capability of Amazon S3. We will handle object permissions, bucket policies, and static website hosting configuration.
- In this module we will deploy some additional study resources for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam via AWS. We will be using Amazon S3 and Amazon CloudFront to deploy a static site out to a global content delivery network.
Amazon Web Services provides a very robust toolset but for the purposes of this project, we will be using AWS for hosting a simple website.
This project will also involve deploying the AWS Services Quiz, a valuable study resource for the Certified Cloud Practitioner exam.
After getting you into the AWS console, you will create an S3 bucket and upload assets to it. From there you will handle object permissions, bucket policies, and static website hosting configuration. And finally you will use Amazon CloudFront to deploy your static site.
This project is great for true beginners. We will start with creating your own AWS account and end with a live website.