What’s free at ACG: May 2021
Free cloud courses this month include the Azure Data Engineer Associate, Deployment Pipelines using GitHub Actions, AWS Essentials, Kubernetes, and more!
Jun 02, 2023 • 6 Minute Read
- Software Development
Editor's note: Want the latest free courses at ACG for this month (as in, the month you're reading this article in... right this second)? We've got your covered over here. Head over there and bookmark so you don't miss out!
What courses are free at A Cloud Guru this month? More courses than ever! Get your hands cloudy with 25 top-shelf selections from our super-sized stash of hands-on cloud learning.
May’s line-up includes some new and notable additions to the ACG free tier line-up, including:
These five courses join 20 other free cloud courses designed to level up your cloud IQ — from Kubernetes to DevOps to courses specific to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
Free Amazon Web Services (AWS) courses
- AWS Essentials — No prior AWS experience is required for this in-depth introduction to all things AWS. You’ll get an overview of the core AWS services as you learn through real-world scenarios and hands-on activities.
- EKS Basics — Unlock the power of Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service.
- Amazon DynamoDB Deep Dive — Build scalable, high-performance applications using DynamoDB in this course for all skill levels.
- Choosing the Right AWS Database Services — Explore the AWS database options and learn about the benefits of each.
- How to Properly Secure an S3 Bucket — Secure S3 buckets and learn how to remediate security issues.
- Introduction to AWS — This quickie course covers the "how" and "why" of Amazon Web Services.
Free Microsoft Azure courses
Microsoft Azure certifications are among the top-paying certs in cloud.
This months’ line-up of free Azure courses includes courses for the dual exams needed for the Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate. (The exams for this cert get a major update and retire on June 30, 2021, which means you have a few weeks to study up and get certified before the new requirements drop!)
- DP-200 Implementing an Azure Data Solution — Develop the skills needed to ace the Azure DP-200 certification exam as you become comfortable with Azure big data and analytics.
- DP-201 Microsoft Azure Exam DP-201 - Designing an Azure Data Solution — Build the skills necessary to pass Microsoft’s Designing an Azure Data Solution (DP-201) certification exam.
- Deployment Pipelines using GitHub Actions — GitHub Actions makes it easy to automate developer workflow. This course shows examples and use-cases for building, testing, and deploying your code from GitHub.
- Serverless Computing with Azure Functions — Take a deep dive into the use of Azure Functions. To take this course, you’ll need a basic understanding of Azure, software development, Windows virtual machines, and fundamental knowledge of C#, Azure CLI, and PowerShell.
- Azure Concepts — Get up to speed on the basics of Azure and cloud services in this Azure concepts crash course.
- Using Microsoft Azure Database Services — Discover Azure’s database services, how to use them, and how to select the right one for your unique needs.
Free Google Cloud (GCP) courses
Plotting your Google Cloud career path can be tricky. These free GCP courses offer something for beginners and practitioners alike.
- Google Cloud Concepts — Get an intro to the basics of Google Cloud Platform.
- Google Cloud Security Essentials — Learn how to secure your Google Cloud environment.
- GKE Basics — Learn about Kubernetes and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
Free DevOps and serverless courses
- DevOps Concepts — See how DevOps transforms software development.
- Serverless Concepts — Get a high-level overview of serverless, including vocab and concepts.
- Big Data Fundamentals — Learn about Big Data, cluster computing, distributed storage, and cluster management.
- Machine Learning for Absolute Beginners — What is machine learning? Learn the basics in this free intro-level course.
- Network Routing Fundamentals — Build a basic understanding of how network routing works and how networking decisions are made.
Free cloud courses for beginners
These intro and conceptual courses are perfect for newcomers to cloud and tech or non-technical roles who want to have a better understanding of the tech that powers modern organizations.
- Reliability Engineering Concepts — In this no-prior-experience-required course, you’ll learn all about that SRE life, including breaking down the role, what DevOps and an SRE have in common, and the terminology and fundamentals you need to know: from SLI, SLO, and SLA to measuring reliability to the tools used by SREs.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing — Our explain-it-like-I’m-five (but I’m a five-year-old who is interested in tech) intro to cloud computing breaks down the basics and decodes the jargon that can make cloud feel impenetrable.
- Data Science for Absolute Beginners — It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to learn about data science. Get a no-experience needed intro to data science.
Free Linux courses
- How to Get a Linux Job — Learn the secrets to landing your first Linux job.
- Linux Operating System Fundamentals — Get schooled on the rich history of Linux and the open-source movement.
Get the skills needed for a better career.
Master modern tech skills, get certified, and level up your career. Whether you’re starting out or a seasoned pro, you can learn by doing and advance your career in cloud with ACG.