Introduction to 3ds Max 2017
This in-depth tutorial is designed to help you get a solid understanding of the core features found in 3ds Max, and help you to ease your transition into this very powerful program. Software required: 3ds Max 2017.
What you'll learn
3ds Max is a very powerful tool that can help you model, texture, rig, animate, and render your creations.
This course, Introduction to 3ds Max 2017, provides a high-level overview of the entire 3D pipeline and gives you the fundamental knowledge you need to start using 3ds Max 2017 for your own projects.
- First, you'll be getting familiar with some of the vocabulary and foundational skills that you'll need in order to begin moving around and working in 3ds Max 2017.
- From there, you'll move into exploring some of the modeling features found in 3ds Max 2017, and begin building the spaceship that will be your central project for the remainder of this course.
- Finally, you'll go through the entire process of adding textures and materials to the ship, adding animated movement, animation controls, dynamics, and finally we'll learn how to add lights, shadows, and output our final animated sequence.
Software required: 3ds Max 2017.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Setting up Reference Images 6m
- Modeling the Base of the Ship 11m
- Modeling the Top of the Ship 9m
- Finishing the Top of the Ship 7m
- Blocking in the Windscreen 7m
- Modeling the Bumper 10m
- Detailing the Back 15m
- Blocking in the Upper Arm 16m
- Blocking in the Lower Arm 14m
- Finishing the Lower Arm 11m
- Finishing the Arm 17m
- Blocking in the Final Details 15m
- Finishing the Final Details 13m
Autodesk 3ds Max, formerly 3D Studio, is a professional 3D computer graphics program for making 3D animations, models, games and images.
For this course, you will need to download 3ds Max 2017.
This course is a beginner course for anyone who wants to learn 3ds Max and establish a solid foundation within this program.
In this course, you will learn the core features found in 3ds Max which will help ease you into this powerful program. You will explore some modeling features and begin to build a spaceship that will be your central project for this course. You will finally go through the process of adding textures and materials to the ship.
There are no prerequisites for this 3ds Max tutorial.