Advanced Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration
This course covers using DSC in advanced scenarios, such as setting up and using a pull server. It is assumed the viewer has basic DSC and PowerShell knowledge or has viewed the DSC Fundamentals course.
What you'll learn
The purpose of this course is to provide advanced coverage of PowerShell Desired State Configuration. The material in this course is what IT Pros who want to use DSC in their environments will be using in production. We'll look at how to build and use a pull server, including deploying resources. We'll also explore how to use certificates to create a secure DSC environment. The course will wrap up with walkthroughs of using DSC to configure Windows and Linux servers. This course will focus on DSC as it exists in PowerShell 4.0.
Table of contents
- Introduction 4m
- Setting up an SMB Pull Server 2m
- Configuring the Local Configuration Manager 1m
- Demonstration: Manually Setting up an SMB Pull Server 3m
- Demonstration: Deploying Resources to an SMB Pull Server 3m
- Demonstration: Creating a Pull Configuration 4m
- Demonstration: Configuring the Local Configuration Manager 1m
- Demonstration: Deploying a Pull Configuration 10m
- Demonstration: Using DSC to Set up an SMB Pull Server 8m
- Summary 2m