Understanding Algorithms for Recommendation Systems
Recommendations help monetize user behavior data that businesses capture. This course is all about identifying user-product relationships from data using different recommendation algorithms.
What you'll learn
In addition to monetizing user behavior data, recommendation algorithms also help extract actionable recommendations from raw user ratings/purchases data. This course, Understanding Algorithms for Recommendation Systems, will cover the different types of Recommendation algorithms - Content-Based Filtering, Collaborative Filtering, and Association Rules Learning and when to use each of these types. You'll also learn about the specific algorithms such as the Nearest Neighbors model, Latent Factor Analysis and the Apriori Algorithm and implement them on real data sets. Finally, you'll learn about mining for rules that relate different products. By the end of this course, you'll be able to choose the recommendation algorithm that fits your problem and dataset, and apply it to find relevant recommendations.
Table of contents
- Understanding the Nearest Neighbors Model 7m
- Measuring Distance Between Users 6m
- Implementing the Nearest Neighbors Model 4m
- Setting up the Book Crossing Data Set 8m
- Creating the Rating Matrix 5m
- Computing the Distance Between Users 3m
- Finding Nearest Neighbors 4m
- Finding Top N Book Recommendations 6m