Android Fundamentals: Data Binding
A soup-to-nuts exploration of the Android Data Binding library.
What you'll learn
Binding data to views in Android can be an exercise in redundancy. We have typed the methods 'findViewById' and 'setText' many times and have consigned ourselves to the monotony. At Google I/O 2015, a new data binding library was announced that promises to free us from much of the boilerplate code we write for our views. Even in its beta release, the library is powerful and useful. The Data Binding Guide provided by Google teases the capabilities of this library. This course will explore the details of the data-binding library mixing both theory and practice. After finishing the course, you will have a solid foundation on how to use the data binding library to reduce your development time and increase your code clarity.
Table of contents
- Pitfall: Help! I Can't Find the Generated Source 1m
- Pitfall: The User-defined Type That Wasn't There 1m
- Pitfall: The Missing Tag 1m
- Pitfall: The Attach Listener Doesn't Run 0m
- Pro-tip: On Staying Up-to-Date 2m
- Pro-tip: Where Do I Put That Binding Adapter? 1m
- Pro-tip: Consistent Layout Variables 1m
- Pro-tip: Base Classes FTW 2m
- Summary 1m