Android Fundamentals: BroadcastReceivers
BroadcastReceivers are the building blocks of Android, similar to an Activity or a Service. This course will help you understand how to keep your app notified about the ongoing events or change in state of the android device.
What you'll learn
BroadcastReceivers (or Receivers) simply respond to broadcast messages from other applications or from the system itself. These messages are sometimes called events or intents. This course, Android Fundamentals: BroadcastReceivers, talks about BroadcastReceiver in detail. Beginning with practical examples of how and where it is used in the Android app and system. The course then proceeds progressively, first giving a brief introduction to normal broadcast, ordered broadcast and sticky broadcast, static and dynamic declaration of Receivers, then enters into enhancing security of an app by modifying Receivers. Finally, topics like 'how to deal with dangerous permissions while using Receivers' are also covered along with a demo. After completing this course, you will have a strong foundational knowledge of how BroadcastRecievers work and why they are important to your app.
Table of contents
- Overview and Project Setup 5m
- Creating our First BroadcastReceiver 6m
- BroadcastReceiver as Inner Static Class 4m
- Using Intent Filter and Custom Action Name 4m
- Multiple Receiver with Same Action Name 6m
- Properties Related to BroadcastReceivers 5m
- Passing Data from Activity to Receiver 6m
- Some Commom Usage of BroadcastReceiver 6m
- Summary 2m