Android Fundamentals: Fragments
If you're a seasoned Android developer but a beginner to fragments, this course is for you. Here, you'll be taking a journey to explore Android fragments in detail: their lifecycle, communication, and stability.
What you'll learn
Not all Android developers have experience with fragments, but this course can help you get started! In this course, Android Fundamentals: Fragments, you'll start with the most basic and fundamental concepts of fragments and progressively dive into deeper topics. and First, you'll learn how to add fragment to an activity and will also learn about fragment lifecycle. Next, you'll learn types of fragment transactions. Then, you'll learn about communication between fragment and activity and also you'll learn about inter-fragment communication. Finally, you'll learn about backstack and back navigation and you'll also explore fragments stability on screen rotation. By the end of this course, you'll have a very strong foundation on the topic of Android fragments.
Table of contents
- Introduction and Initial Project Setup 7m
- Fragment Lifecycle Behavior on Screen Rotation 3m
- Consequences of Screen Rotation on Fragments 3m
- Impact of Screen Rotation on Views and Variables 5m
- How to Restore Back the Fragment's State 3m
- Providing Stability to Fragment on Screen Rotation 7m
- Summary 1m
- What's Next? 2m