Android Fundamentals: SharedPreferences
To provide your application data persistency, it should implement some of the available android features. This course will show you how to leverage SharedPreferences to achieve this.
What you'll learn
SharedPereferences is an API that allows you to save a small collection of data persistently. This course, Android Fundamentals: SharedPreferences, is all about basics and fundamental concepts of SharedPreferences. First, you'll get an introduction to Android storage options. Next, you'll see how saving and retrieving data from SharedPreferences works. Finally, you'll use GSON to save and retrieve non-primitive data types. After completing this course, you'll know how to save, retrieve, and modify data both at the activity level and application level through your illustrative demo application.
Table of contents
- Introduction 3m
- Accessibility of SharedPreferences 3m
- Initial Project Setup 7m
- How to Create and Access the SharedPreferences 5m
- SharedPreferences at Activity Level 15m
- SharedPreferences at Application Level 7m
- Code Summary 2m
- Toggle Application Logic Based on Preference Values 8m
- Perform Clear and Remove Operation 5m
- Summary 1m