Android Keyboard Inputs: Getting Started
Making use of keyboard inputs is fundamental to providing an excellent user experience. You’ll learn how to use Android with keyboard inputs, keyboard method actions, autocomplete suggestions, soft keyboards, and support hardware keyboards.
What you'll learn
At the core of every great Android application is a seamless user experience. In this course, Android Keyboard Inputs: Getting Started, you will learn how to master the core concepts related to the Android SoftKeyboard, in addition to supporting hardware keyboards. First, you will take a close look at keyboard input types such as number pads. Then, you will manage the soft keyboard, keyboard method actions, and autocomplete suggestions. Finally, you will see how to support hardware keyboards for navigation. When you’re finished with this course, you will have a foundational knowledge on capturing inputs that will help you as you develop mobile applications.
Table of contents
- Introduction 2m
- Handling Configuration Changes 3m
- Identifying Issues with Tab Navigation 5m
- Using NextFocusForward to Navigate 2m
- Implementing Programmatic Tab Navigation 7m
- Implementing an OnFocusChangeListener 3m
- Handling Directional Navigation 2m
- Navigating a GridView Using a Keyboard 6m
- Module Review 4m