Creating High-quality UX with AndroidX
An app’s user experience plays a key role in its success. This course will teach you how to create high-quality UI/UX using classes provided by AndroidX libraries with effective navigation.
What you'll learn
At the core of any modern app is a thorough understanding of AndroidX UI libraries to create a high-quality user experience. In this course, Creating High-quality UX with AndroidX, you’ll learn how to use AndroidX libraries to implement RecyclerView and CardView with effective navigation techniques like Navigation Drawers and Bottom Navigation Bars, along with Jetpack’s Navigation Component. First, you’ll explore how to implement CardView and RecyclerView to create a large, performant, and scrollable list. Next, you’ll discover various techniques to navigate between fragments using Navigation Drawers and Bottom Navigation Bars. Finally, you’ll learn how to improve the user experience by implementing taps, swipes, and drag gestures on RecyclerView. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of important AndroidX library components needed to develop a high-quality Android app.
Table of contents
- Overview 1m
- GridLayoutManager and StaggeredGridLayoutManager 5m
- Adding OnClickListener on List Items 3m
- Adding and Deleting Items from a List 2m
- Adding Functionality: Mark an Item as Favorite 4m
- Exercise Solution: Implementing RecyclerView for Favorites Screen 2m
- Improving User Experience and Module Wrap-up 2m