Animation Fundamentals: Animating a Ball Bounce
In this animation fundamentals tutorial, we'll learn about timing and spacing. These principles are some of the most important principles for any animation. Software required: Maya 2016.
What you'll learn
In this animation fundamentals tutorial, we'll learn about timing and spacing. These principles are some of the most important principles for any animation. We'll start out this course by learning why timing is crucial for making your animation appear believable. We'll also learn how it's used to embody a character with more personality, a thought process and emotion. Then we'll dive into spacing and learning how important it is for making your animations realistic and appealing. We'll take what we've learned and apply it to one of the most vital animation exercises: the bouncing ball animation. While a bouncing ball may seem simple, there's a lot of important techniques and principles to learn from this exercise. Although we'll be using Maya in this course, you'll be able to transfer the information to your preferred 3D program. By the end of this course, you'll have a solid understanding of principles and techniques used to create great 2D and 3D animations. Software required: Maya 2016.
Table of contents
- Understanding Timing 9m
- Understanding Spacing 9m
- Understanding Timing and Spacing Further 8m
- Looking at a Bouncing Ball in the Real-world 4m
- Setting up Our Scene for Animation 7m
- Beginning the Ball Bounce Animation 9m
- Finishing the Initial Bounces of the Ball 9m
- Adjusting the Spacing of the Bounces 8m
- Creating the Side to Side Movement of the Ball 6m
- Adding Rotation to the Ball 8m
- Finishing the Animation 4m