Automating Cisco DNA Center Operations Using APIs
If you're managing a sprawling, complex network, consider deploying Cisco DNA Center to unify your enterprise network operations. I'll teach you how to programmatically interact with DNA Center through its REST API using Python in this course.
What you'll learn
Managing any modern network architecture is difficult as our infrastructure increases in size and complexity. In this course, Automating Cisco DNA Center Operations Using APIs, you will learn foundational knowledge surrounding the wide variety of DNA Center APIs available. First, you will learn how to create and manage "sites" in the DNA center inventory, which contain both organizational device groupings and devices themselves. Next, you will discover how to update device configurations at scale using the DNA center template programmer. This will simplify change management and daily network operations. Finally, you will explore how to perform a variety of miscellaneous actions, such as troubleshooting the network using data collection techniques, tracing network paths, and monitoring your enterprise network performance via notification webhooks. When you are finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of DNA Center automation needed to deploy and manage professional-grade enterprise networks.
Table of contents
- Introducing Cisco DNA Center 3m
- DNA Center APIs and Site Architecture 4m
- Demo: Developer Resources to Help You 4m
- Demo: Building a Minimalist SDK to Simplify DNA Center Interactions 6m
- Demo: Creating New Sites and Assigning Devices 8m
- Understanding DNA Center Network Discoveries 2m
- Demo: Performing Network Discoveries Using IP Ranges and CDP 6m
- Module Summary and Homework Challenge 1m