Using the Serverless Framework with Node.js on AWS
The Serverless Framework is the world's leading development framework for building serverless applications. This course teaches you the basics of the framework and how to use it to build event-driven microservice applications that auto-scale.
What you'll learn
At the heart of application development is a desire to rapidly create scalable and high-quality applications. In this course, Using the Serverless Framework with Node.js on AWS, you'll learn how to leverage the Serverless Framework to develop those kinds of applications. First, you'll explore the basic application model of serverless applications within the framework. Next, you'll uncover how to development and deploy fullstack serverless applications and microservices on AWS using the framework. Finally, you'll delve into how serverless applications can be used to create resilient fault-tolerant architectures. When you’re finished with this course, you'll have a foundational knowledge of serverless application development using the framework, that will help you as you move forward to creating future serverless applications. Software required: Serverless Framework v1.x, Postman, an AWS Account, Node.js v6.10.3, and npm 3.10.10.
Table of contents
- Module Concepts and Installation Demo Outline 1m
- Getting Started with AWS 2m
- Installing the Serverless Framework on Windows 2m
- Installing the Serverless Framework on OS X 2m
- Installing the Serverless Framework on Ubuntu 1m
- The Serverless Framework Application Model 7m
- Developing Serverless Services 4m
- Creating Your First Serverless Framework Service 8m