Beginner's Guide to Image Planes in Maya
In this tutorial, we will learn the procedures for creating and utilizing image planes in Maya to use as a modeling reference. Software required: Maya 2012 and up.
What you'll learn
In this tutorial, we will learn the procedures for creating and utilizing image planes in Maya to use as a modeling reference. We will start off by learning how to properly set up and align your image planes in something like Photoshop. From there, we will learn how to begin importing your image planes into Maya, how to resize and reposition your image planes within the Maya viewports to make sure they are properly aligned in all your views, how to import animated image planes, as well as many other tools and features that will allow you to use image planes effectively in Maya. Download your free copy of our Key Modeling Terms Reference Guide and PDF so you can get comfortable with important 3D modeling terminology. Software required: Maya 2012 and up.
Table of contents
- Preparing Image Planes in Photoshop 7m
- Adding and Removing Image Planes from Maya 4m
- Resizing and Repositioning Image Planes in Maya 10m
- Creating Cameras for Additional Image Planes 7m
- Overcoming Common Image Plane Complications 5m
- Adding Image Planes to Perspective Cameras 7m
- Using Movies as Image Planes 6m