Introduction to Bifrost in Maya
In this course, you'll learn how to take advantage of Maya's large-scale FLIP fluid solver called Bifrost. Software required: Maya 2016, SP5.
What you'll learn
Bifrost is the name of Maya's integrated FLIP fluid solver. It's great for users who want to create large scale fluid simulations without having to leave Maya's interface for a third-party tool. With this course, you'll learn some of the key workflows and fundamentals of Bifrost. Then, you'll take that knowledge to build a simulation you might find in a typical production pipeline. Software required: Maya 2016, SP5.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Understanding the Concept of Steps 5m
- Adjusting Steps in Maya 9m
- Adding Colliders to Our Bifrost Fluids 7m
- Killing Unwanted Particles with Killplanes 6m
- Using Kill Volumes 3m
- Fundamentals of Accelerators 7m
- Adding and Using Foam 6m
- Artistic Fluids with Droplets 6m
- Playblasting with Bifrost 3m
- Meshing Particles 7m