Creating Assets in Blender
Learn how to create your own assets in Blender. You'll start with building a model, then move on to UV Unwrapping and creating realistic materials through Blender's Shader Node Editor. Software required: Blender v2.77.
What you'll learn
Learn how to take an asset from start to finish in this powerful open source software. In this course, Creating Assets in Blender, you'll learn about the asset creation pipeline in Blender. First, you'll begin by constructing the 3D Model utilizing Blender's many modeling tools. Then, you'll move on to UV Unwrapping so you can apply textures, and add Normal Maps and Displacement Maps to the asset so you can achieve even more detail in the mesh without having to do any extra modeling. Finally, you'll create realistic materials for the asset including plastic, paper, and a cola liquid. By the end of this course, you'll have a strong grasp of the entire asset creation pipeline in Blender and you'll be able to apply your skills when working on your own projects. Software required: Blender v2.77.
Table of contents
- Assigning Materials to the Bottle 8m
- Beginning to Create the Material for the Label 7m
- Adding a Normal Map to the Label Material 6m
- Creating the Clear Plastic Material 7m
- Creating the Mesh for the Cola Liquid 6m
- Applying a Quick UV Unwrap to the Cola Mesh 8m
- Creating the Cola Material 10m
- Creating the Plastic Material for the Bottle Cap 9m
- Taking a Look at the Finished Asset 3m