Building a Real-time App with React, Flux, Webpack, and Firebase
Build solid React apps with a stack composed of webpack, material-ui, flux, alt, and firebase.
What you'll learn
Do you feel a little bit overwhelmed by all of the other technology you need to decide on and learn in order to get your React app in production? You need to build JSX, and you probably want to use ES6 and ES7 too. How about flux, how does that work, and what library should you use to implement it? This course will show you what issues need to be addressed when you build React apps, what technology to address it, and how the technologies fit together.
Table of contents
- Introduction 3m
- The Benefits of Using Alt 7m
- Getting Started with the Alt Library 12m
- Refactor the Channel List Component to Flux 12m
- Refactor the Message List Component to Flux 7m
- Responding to a Channel Selection 3m
- Showing Message Loading Progress 3m
- The Flux Way to Add a New Message 4m
- Adding a New Message to the Flux Store 4m
- Recap 2m