Building a Custom Re/RimLighter Tool with NUKE
Throughout these lessons we'll learn how to create an advanced Relighting and Rimlighting tool. Software required: NUKE 8.0v5.
What you'll learn
Throughout these lessons we'll learn how to create an advanced Relighting and Rimlighting tool. We'll be using traditional gizmo techniques, rendered EXR passes, as well as advanced python coding. By the end of the course you'll have a fully featured lighting tool for use in NUKE that will be very helpful on many projects! Software required: NUKE 8.0v5.
Table of contents
- Exploring Passes 10m
- Setting up the 3D Scene 11m
- Masking Lights and Material Options 9m
- Designing the User Interface 12m
- Coding the UI and Python Buttons 11m
- Applying 3D Light 11m
- Creating Multiple Scaling Tabs 12m
- Making Light Knobs and Finishing Code 12m
- Debugging and Feature Additions 12m
- Converting a Gizmo to a 'Grizmo' 9m
- Conclusion and Final Thoughts 6m