Building Your First R 3 Analytics Solution
In this course, you’ll see the entire workflow that data professionals use to produce their R analytics solutions.
What you'll learn
You’ve been given the task of building your next analytics report in R. Your colleague has even shared some R code they think will help. But where do you start? You’re not even sure what to do with the .R file they shared. In this course, Building Your First R 3 Analytics Solution, you’ll see the entire workflow that data professionals use to produce their R analytics solutions. First, you’ll start right at the beginning — setting up your own computer to run R code. Next, you’ll learn how to run, read, and write R code in RStudio. Finally, you'll discover how to organize your work with RStudio projects and how to communicate your work with R Markdown. By the end of the course, you’ll have not only produced a shareable report with R Markdown, you’ll have built your project so that anyone else can recreate the report too. You’ll be using the same tools and workflows as R professionals, and along the way, you’ll start building habits that ensure your analysis is organized, documented, and reproducible.
Table of contents
- What is R Markdown? 2m
- Identifying Parts of an R Markdown Document 5m
- Working with Code in R Markdown Documents 8m
- Working with Text in R Markdown Documents 6m
- Controlling Options in the R Markdown Header 3m
- Diagnosing Errors in R Markdown Documents 5m
- Controlling the Appearance of the Output with Chunk Options 5m
- Controlling the Output Format of R Markdown Documents 5m
- Updating and Sharing Your Work 2m
- Wrapping Up 3m