Building Mobile Apps With the Ionic Framework and AngularJS
This code-focused course shows how to build mobile apps with the Ionic Framework and AngularJS. The Ionic Framework represents an exciting new way to quickly build professional quality mobile apps.
What you'll learn
The Ionic Framework is a tremendous step forward for quickly building Cordova-based mobile apps. Built on top of AngularJS, developers are able to leverage all of their pre-existing AngularJS skills when working with the Ionic Framework, considered by many to be the "Bootstrap for mobile."
In this Ionic Framework course, we will see how to quickly get up and running with an Ionic app in seconds.
We will then cover navigation and routing, followed by demonstrations of all the primary Ionic components.
We will also cover data and caching for offline functionality, as well as mapping and providing driving directions.
We will finish with a review of ngCordova to easily access native device features such as the camera, barcode scanner, and more.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to start building your own mobile apps using the Ionic Framework and AngularJS!
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- Overview 1m
- Ionic Command Line Features 1m
- Installing Ionic 1m
- Starting a New Project 2m
- Run the App With a Browser 4m
- Run the App With an Emulator 2m
- Run the App on a Mobile Device 1m
- Ionic Starter Templates 3m
- Setting Up a Development Environment With Sublime Text 2m
- Setting Up a Development Environment With Visual Studio 2m
- Setting Up CodePen 2m
- Summary 1m
- Overview 1m
- Navigation for Elite Schedule 1m
- Ionic Headers and Footers 2m
- Introduction to Ionic Tabs 2m
- Tabs - Setting Up the Initial Structure 3m
- Side Menu - Setting Up the Initial Structure 3m
- Introduction to Angular UI Router 5m
- Adding Routing for Tabs 4m
- Adding Routing for Side Menu 4m
- Route Parameters 3m
- Adding Navigation Animation 1m
- Adding a Back Button 2m
- Summary 1m
You will learn:
- How to get up and running with an Ionic app
- Navigation and routing
- Primary Ionic components through demonstrations
- Data and chaching
- Mapping & providing driving directions
- ngCordova & much more
Yes! Ionic Framework is absolutely free. We will go over how to get it installed in the second course module.
This course is for any and everyone who wants to learn how to build mobile apps through the Ionic Framework. It is especially valuable for web developers.
This is an intermediate level course, so it assumes some prior experience with web development and AngularJS. But it doesn not assume any prior experience with the Ionic Framework itself.