Business Automation with Python 3: Getting Started
Python is a dynamic language that effortlessly allows you to perform impressive feats of automation. If you've ever spent hours doing repetitive tasks, you'll love this topic, as it will teach you how the computer can do the work for you.
What you'll learn
If you've ever spent hours renaming, copying, moving files or extracting data from PDFs, and entering data into systems like Salesforce, you know how tedious tasks like these can be. But what if you could have your computer do these activities for you?
In this course, you'll learn how to use Python to write programs that do in minutes what would take you hours to do manually.
This course teaches you everything you need to know in order to work with files, read, extract and combine data from PDF files.
You'll also learn how to fill in online forms automatically, with the data gathered from PDF files.
Step-by-step instructions walk you through each of the Python scripts that perform these tasks, so you can spend less time doing tedious tasks, and more time doing other things.
By the end of this course, you will have gained fundamental know-how on how to use Python to automate business processes that will change your way of working forever.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- Introduction 1m
- Overview 1m
- What is Business Automation 1m
- What is File Handling Automation 1m
- File Handling Basics 3m
- Checking Files and Listing Folder Contents 2m
- Reading and Writing Files 2m
- Saving Variables 2m
- Demo - Reading and Writing a Config File 3m
- Copying Moving and Deleting Files 2m
- Walking a Directory Tree 2m
- Demo - Inspecting a Directory Structure 4m
- Working and Syncing with FTP 3m
- Handling Zip Archives 1m
- Demo - Configurable Backup Script 6m
- Summary 1m