Character Enveloping in Softimage
Easily learn the essentials of Character Enveloping with 1.5 hours of project-based training. Software required: XSI 5.0 and up.
What you'll learn
Easily learn the essentials of Character Enveloping with 1.5 hours of project-based training. Great for new users. Popular highlights include envelope creation, character stance setup, painting deformation weights, smoothing weights, weight editor, symmetry mapping, mirroring weights, link with deform, parenting, and linked key. Software required: XSI 5.0 and up.
Table of contents
- Creating Your Envelope 9m
- Setting up a Default Stance 6m
- Weighting the Points on the Leg 5m
- Painting Weights on the Hips 11m
- Painting Weights on the Shoulder 9m
- Using the Weight Editor to Weight the Hand 12m
- Creating a Symmetry Map and Mirroring Weights 5m
- Using Link with Deform to Fix Areas of Pinching 8m
- Alternative Enveloping Techniques 4m