Character Rigging with Deformers in Toon Boom Harmony
Throughout the duration of this tutorial, we'll create two deformation character rigs. Software required: Toon Boom Harmony.
What you'll learn
Throughout the duration of this tutorial, we'll create two deformation character rigs. We'll begin this process by examining the design of our first character, followed by learning how we can rig different parts of our character with curve deformers. From here, we'll learn how we can connect all of these deformation-rigged body parts in the network view by establishing a hierarchy arrangement. Following this, we'll examine the design of our second character and begin the process of rigging different body parts with bone deformers. We will also learn how to adjust the articulation points for bone deformers, apply additional deform modules, rig the parameter of a drawing, and apply additional deformers and swap them out on the same deformation layer. Finally, we'll finish by creating a hierarchy arrangement for our second character in the network view. By understanding these powerful deformation tools that are exclusive to Harmony, you will be able to hit the ground running, creating deformer rigs for your own cut-out-styled characters while having a lot of fun. Software required: Toon Boom Harmony.
Table of contents
- Rigging with Curve Deformers for Organic Movement 14m
- Applying Curve Deformers to the Legs and Feet of Our Tentacle Monster 11m
- Setting up a Hierarchy for Our Curve Deformation Rig 12m
- Rigging with Bone Deformers 12m
- Adjusting the Articulation Points for Bone Deformers 11m
- Applying Deform Modules 11m
- Using Curve Deformers to Rig a Parameter 9m
- Swapping out Deformers 10m
- Setting up a Hierarchy for Our Big-brained Alien Character 13m