Cisco CyberOps: Analyzing the Network
Cybersecurity concepts are fundamental pieces of knowledge necessary to have a career in the industry. This course will detail the network data that we can use for cyber operations and how to use it within your environment.
What you'll learn
There is a tremendous skill shortage in the cybersecurity sector of IT that is hindering operations at organizations. In this course, Cisco CyberOps: Analyzing the Network, you’ll learn the some of the concepts needed to start your journey into the SOC operations realm. First, you’ll learn about the event sources and the data that they provide. Then, you'll dive into inspecting various network data types and see what they provide, highlighting NetFlow and raw packet data. You’ll break down datagrams and identify the key elements of the raw data, as well as interpret protocol headers. Finally, you’ll take a look at alerts and events and how to interpret them. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll be one step closer to having a solid understanding of cybersecurity concepts and be able to continue learning how to identify problems and perform tasks in a SOC environment.
Table of contents
- Seeing Threats from the Network 6m
- Network Data Sources: Syslog and Telemetry 4m
- Examining Network Data Sources 5m
- Examining More Network Data Sources 6m
- Other Network Data Sources 5m
- Examining Additional Network Data Sources 6m
- Seeing the Raw Traffic 5m
- Impacts of Positive and Negative Detections 4m