Cleaning String Data in Python
Python has built-in capabilities that help you easily clean string data. This course will teach you what those capabilities are and how to use them.
What you'll learn
An essential part of creating critical-decision-making applications is the ability to process quality data to analyze expected outcomes in the best possible way. Python comes with great built-in capabilities to clean string data.
In this course, Cleaning String Data in Python, you will learn how to use various built-in Python capabilities to clean string data.
First, you’ll learn how to clear out unwanted characters from strings by using vectorized string operations in Python.
Next, you’ll learn how to use various Python capabilities to remove line breaks, remove stop words, remove numbers, and remove unwanted characters from a string using regular expressions.
Finally, you’ll learn how to work with unstructured string data to extract relevant information from it and make it useful.
When you are finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge necessary for cleaning string data using Python’s capabilities and features.
Table of contents
- Introduction, Overview, and Scenario 2m
- Demo: Remove Specific Substrings Using Regex 4m
- Demo: Remove URLs and Hashtags Using Regex 3m
- Demo: Extract and Remove Numbers Using Regex 3m
- Demo: Clean and Correct HTML 3m
- Demo: Putting It All Together (Part 1) 6m
- Demo: Putting It All Together (Part 2) 7m
- Summary 1m