Code School: Rails for Zombies
Ruby on Rails is an open-source framework for the Ruby programming language. Learn Ruby on Rails basics like models, views, and controllers.
What you'll learn
In this beginner level Rails course follow along as Pluralsight Author Gregg Pollack teaches you the basics of this powerful server-side web application framework. Together, we'll learn how to use this powerful open-source MVC framework to build our very own web app very much like Twitter, but Twitter for ZOMBIES!
The rails tutorials found in this course will cover the following subjects:
- Level 1: Deep in the "CRUD" (Create Read Update Delete) where we learn how to build the database for our web app.
- Level 2: All about Models, the lifeblood of our web app and the "how" behind communication with our data store in Rails.
- Level 3: Views, ain't always pretty! How to build the visual representation of our Rails app.
- Level 4: Controllers- They must be EATEN! The brains of any Rails web application.
- Level 5: Routing into darkness, how to master routing through Rails.
Table of contents
This Rails for Zombies course is for BEGINNERS. Those who have a basic knowledge of coding and programming terminology will be comfortable with this course.
This Rails for Zombies course will teach you the step-by-step foundational knowledge needed to build your very own web application. In fact, that's what we'll build together throughout the course, a web app …FOR ZOMBIES
None. Just have a computer (which if you are here, you do) and the desire to learn Ruby on Rails!