Concurrent Programming with Grand Central Dispatch in Swift 5
This course will teach you how to leverage the power of concurrent programming using Swift and Grand Central Dispatch.
What you'll learn
It's normal to be intimidated with the idea of concurrent programming in Swift. In this course, Concurrent Programming with Grand Central Dispatch in Swift 5, you’ll learn to speed up your code by executing multiple instructions concurrently.
First, you’ll explore the basics of concurrent programming.
Next, you’ll discover Apple’s Dispatch framework — commonly known as Grand Central Dispatch, which simplifies threading by introducing the concept of queues.
Finally, you’ll learn how to apply the ideas you’ve learned to revamp an application and make it faster and more responsive. Follow along with me as I show you how to avoid deadlocks and optimize your code even further using advanced techniques.
When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of concurrent programming using GCD and Swift needed to write professional applications and speed up existing code.
Table of contents
- Creating Dispatch Queues 3m
- Submitting Tasks to Concurrent Dispatch Queues 4m
- Submitting Tasks to Serial Dispatch Queues 2m
- Using Dispatch Work Items 5m
- Working with the Main Queue 3m
- Deadlocks 3m
- Preventing Excessive Thread Creation 3m
- Data Races 4m
- Thread Safety with Optimized Performance 2m
- Main Queue vs. Main Thread 4m