Configuring Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) NetOps Features
This course will teach you how to configure features in Firepower Threat Defense that are essential to network operations.
What you'll learn
Firewalls have been the first line of defense in network security for over 20 years but in the face of constant attacks and breaches, they’ve had to evolve. This new breed of firewalls are commonly referred to as next generation firewalls and have now become a necessity for many companies. In this course, Configuring Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) NetOps Features, you’ll learn to configure features that are most essential to the network team beyond the initial setup. First, you’ll explore the high available options in FTD and their configuration. Next, you’ll discover how to configure essential platform settings such as Quality of Service, Certificates, and so on. Finally, you’ll learn how to how to set up remote access and site-to-site VPN in Firepower. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of FTD needed to configure and tune these critical netops features.
Table of contents
- Describing Firepower Management Center Configuration Settings 7m
- Demo: Adjusting FMC Configuration Settings 6m
- Describing Device Management 2m
- Demo: Exploring Device Management 4m
- Describing Platform Settings 4m
- Demo: Configuring Platform Settings 8m
- Describing FTD Quality of Service 1m
- Demo: Configuring Quality of Service (QoS) 3m
- Describing FTD Certificates 2m
- Demo: Configuring Certificates on an FTD Firewall 8m
- VPN Overview 6m
- Describing Point-to-point VPN Topology 1m
- Demo: Configuring Point-to-point VPN 7m
- Describing Hub-and-spoke VPN Topology 1m
- Demo: Configuring Hub-and-spoke VPN 3m
- Describing Full Mesh VPN Topology 0m
- Demo: Configuring Full Mesh VPN 3m
- Describing Remote Access VPN 2m
- Demo: Configuring Remote Access VPN on FTD 9m
Next generation firewalls are a combination of traditional firewalls and other network device filtering functions. NGFWs provide capabilities that go beyond those of traditional firewalls.
In this course, you will learn about implementing high availability, adjusting system settings, and site-to-site and remote access VPN. By the end of this course, you will know how to properly tune your NetOps settings.
Prerequisites for this course are a basic understanding of routing and a CCNA security level of knowledge.
Cybersecurity is the protection of computer systems and networks from theft, damage, and attacks. The main components to cybersecurity are: network security, application security, information security, and operational security.
Cybersecurity is essential because it is what protects sensitive data, personal information, intellectual property, and any other information you or your company want to keep private.