Configuring and Managing Workspaces with Databricks Service
Managing Databricks workspaces and their assets correctly can help your organization get the most out of this big data platform. This course covers the options available to accomplish this while keeping things secure and controlling costs.
What you'll learn
Databricks workspaces serve as the container for all your Databricks assets, and managing them well is critical to ensuring you and your users get the best out of this big data technology. In this course, Configuring and Managing Workspaces with Databricks Service, you'll learn different aspects around workspace management, from user administration and security to cost analysis. First, you'll discover how access to workspaces can be regulated and how users can be granted admin privileges on a workspace. Then, you'll explore tracking and managing the costs associated with Databricks on the Azure cloud. Finally, you'll learn how Databricks assets and features can be secured by looking into the different levels of permissions which can be applied to notebooks as well as the clusters they run on. Once you complete this course, you'll have a big-picture view of how Databricks workspaces can be set up and managed to ensure they are used in an optimal manner, in terms of security as well as costs.
Table of contents
- Configuring Access to Databricks Resources 5m
- Demo: Provisioning a Databricks Notebook 5m
- Demo: Read Permissions on a Notebook 5m
- Demo: Elevated Privileges on a Notebook 4m
- Demo: Attaching Notebooks to Clusters 4m
- Demo: Regulating Notebook Exports 2m
- Demo: Enabling the DBFS Browser on the UI 3m
- Demo: Purging Unneeded Data from a Workspace 4m
- Course Summary and Related Content 2m