Create Measures by Using DAX with Power BI
The DAX modeling language allows complete control over the data in your visuals in Power BI. This course will teach you how to create new measures that filter and aggregate data in ways that are impossible without DAX.
What you'll learn
The DAX modeling language allows for calculations in Power BI that are otherwise impossible using calculated columns and quick measures. In this course, Create Measures by Using DAX with Power BI, you’ll learn to enhance your Power BI reports with measures that can solve new problems like multiplying columns, end of month balance, and percentage of total calculations. First, you’ll explore how to build new calculations using DAX. Next, you’ll discover the CALCULATE formula, which will allow you to manipulate the filters on your Power BI visuals. Finally, you’ll learn how to build measures that span multiple time periods or provide end of period calculations. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of the DAX modeling language needed to create advanced calculations in Power BI.
Table of contents
- Defining Row and Filter Context 6m
- Using CALCULATE() to Modify Filter Context 3m
- Demo: Modifying Filters Using CALCULATE() 3m
- Remove Filters Using CALCULATE() 3m
- Demo: Using the ALLSELECTED() and REMOVEFILTERS() Modifiers 5m
- Modifying the Active Relationship Using CALCULATE() 2m
- Demo: Using the USERELATIONSHIP() Modifier 3m
- Summary 1m